A woman should use Father’s name instead of Husband’s name in Voter’s id card /Electoral record.

     What is the problem if Women has Husband Name in Electoral Record or a Voters id card? •Electoral Record or Voter’s id card is a citizenship document. Many people have this document alone. Now in order to establish linkage with Parents (in case of NRC or other), they cant use this Voter’s id card due to the absence of Father’s name in Voter’s id card.  This is one of the reasons that has made lacs of Married women out of NRC in Assam.

    Hence, if Women used Father’s name in Voter’s id card and the Electoral record instead of Husband then apart from the Citizenship document, it will also act as a Legacy document.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow by Email